About Me

I am a 15 year old guy who is drawn to knives and other pointy objects. In this blog, I hope to cover basics of knife ownership and eventually DIY knives. Nothing is for sale (yet) as I haven't made anything yet...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gas Forge

Well, I've decided to remake my forge into a gas forge. I will be making 2 of these burners, and I will have to find some firebrick. The reason for me using firebrick instead of the granite I already have is that the granite has a very real chance of exploding, and the firebrick insulates better. I have no idea where to find firebrick though. I'll try Home Depot, Lowe's, some pottery stores, and our basement. The challenge after that will be getting steel. I will probably try steel rebar from Home Depot/Lowe's and the scrapyard at the dump. Of course I will also need an anvil. Again scrapyard at the dump may have something I could use as a substitute.

Peace out
-Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment